Shepard Development Corporation (SDC) will be developing 160 acres of land Northeast Calgary, called Jacksonport Industrial. This development is located between 36 Street NE and Métis Trail, at Country Hills Boulevard and is directly east of the future Calgary International Airport Runway expansion. This SDC land is part of the City of Calgary's Northeast Regional Policy Plan and has been zoned as Light Industrial under an approved outline plan. This development is directly north of the Jacksonport retail development, which is zoned to house one million square feet of big box and commercial retail unit development.
In keeping with SDC's belief in healthy regional and community planning, Jacksonport is separated from residential communities, preventing traffic congestion and preserving the function and character of the community focused Towne Centre.
- 160 acres of land with DC I-2 and DC C-5 zoning in place under an approved outline plan for 1,800,000 square feet of industrial space and 100,000 square feet of retail space.
- Prime Northeast location bordered by two major arteries and the Métis Trail Expressway, and within close proximity to the Deerfoot Trail freeway and the North East Stoney Trail freeway.
- Land development and building construction may commence in 2010 to allow for delivery of product in 2011.
- Regional storm and sanitary trunks are installed to the property line, water and onsite servicing is scheduled to commence in Spring 2010.
- Serviced land will be available under a variety of development strategies starting in 2010.
Surrounding Land Ownership Profile
- Directly South of Jacksonport Industrial is the Jacksonport Retail site which is one of the designated retail nodes in the Northeast Regional Policy Plan and will house one millions square feet of retail tenants.
- All land east of Jacksonport and Métis Trail is zoned residential and will be developed over the next 5 years.
- Land north of Jacksonport Industrial is Stonegate Landing Industrial Park with includes over 1,000 acres of industrial land.
- All lands to the west are operated by the Calgary International Airport, with adjacent lands to be used for the new runway expansion and related airport industrial uses, projected to be complete between 2012 and 2015.
4041 Country Hills Boulevard N.E.
160 Gross Acres
96.7 Net Acres
(85.2 of Industrial, 11.5 of Commercial)
Click here to download the location map (2.9 MB).